|Our Parent Portal offers one of the most convenient ways for busy parents to stay connected with school happenings, purchase books, and learn about volunteer opportunities of the Parent/Faculty Association. Day-to-day, this page provides "one-stop shopping" for parents who want to check schedules and announcements, as well as read news and student publications. Parents who sign in on the left will find information pertaining to their individual children and can access the library database, parent directories, and more. It's all part of keeping parents a vital part of our school community.|
|Granite State Games - Still Time To Sign Up|
The Granite State Games is fast approaching, and fortunately it is not too late to sign up! Go to www.granitestategames.org
today! Derryfield will be hosting many of the weekend's events.
Why should my son/daughter participate in the Granite State Games?
1) GSG has $8000 set aside, $2000 per region ($1000 for a male and $1000 for a female), for selected participants based on their athletic ability, academics, and overall character both on the field and off.
2) New England college coaches will be in attendance scouting NH's top talent in their respected sport.
3) GSG is working very closely with the NHIAA and their bi-laws in order to preserve player's high school eligibility.
4) The Granite State Games is not a club so your child can still participate in his/her school, town, and/or club team(s). This event will only take place over the course of a long weekend so the commitment is minimal.
5) GSG plans on donating 70% of the proceeds back into the NH community via scholarships, donations and grants while the other 30% will help pay for the overhead and creation of the Games.
6) Regional pride!
|Derryfield Cooks - Get 'Em While They're Hot!|
Derryfield's Parent/Faculty Association has worked hard to put together a cookbook celebrating fifty years of cooking at the Derryfield School. They are now on sale and can be ordered online for $20 per book.
Supplys are limited, so act quickly to get this one-of-a-kind item, comprised of recipes gathered from Derryfield families across the years. Mother's Day is coming up; wouldn't Derryfield Cooks be a great gift for your Mom?
If you have already ordered, the cookbooks are in and can be picked up at the Gateway building, see Stacey or Michele.
If you have any questions, please contact PFA president, Julie Taub
|MS Academic Power Trimester 3|
Academic Power is a class in which students are guided to build awareness for and learn how to manage their homework responsibilities. Assistance is offered in creating plans for tackling short-or long-term assignments, clarifying teacher’s assignment expectations, and addressing individual school success skills. The workshop meets Tuesdays in The Learning Hub adjacent to the library. Enrollment in this class represents a trimester commitment. Trimester 3 begins on Tuesday, March 3. Session dates for the remaining trimester are: April 28, May 5, 12, 19, 26, 2015. Download the MS Academic Power Trimester 3 Enrolllment Form and return to Mrs. Stevenson. Please contact Debby Fedder with any questions.
|MS May Happening/Dance|
The final MS Happening/Dance of the year will take place on Friday, May 8, 3:30-8:30 p.m. in the McIninch Room. Please download the permission slip and return the signed copy to Mrs. Stevenson by Friday, May 1. Also on Friday, May 8, Mr. Blaisdell will host the MS Communications meeting for parents 7:30-8:30 p.m. in the Lyceum. The agenda will include an in-depth review of the MS end of year exam schedule and bus schedule.
|Upper School Final Exams 2015|
Thursday Honors Chemistry (G) Honors Physics (G)
June 4 Geometry (G) Algebra II (G)
Physics (C) Honors Algebra II (G)
Algebra I (G)
Friday Asia (G) Riots, Rev (G)
June 5 Precal (G) US History (G)
Honors Precal (C) Environment (G)
Monday English 10 (G) English 9 (G)
June 8 Biology (G) American Lit (G)
Calculus (C) Chemistry-Godfrey (G)
Tuesday Spanish I (G) Spanish III (G)
June 9 Spanish II (G) All Latin (G)
Honors Spanish III (G) All Chinese (G)
Spanish IV (G)
G – Exam administered in Gym
C – Exam administered in Cafeteria
If a student has a conflict (two exams administered at the same time) teachers of those classes will make alternative testing arrangements.
Lend Me a Tenor Dress Rehearsal - Part 1