Interim Year Opportunities
|Derryfield's academic curriculum is a college preparatory program that features intellectual depth and breadth, a talented faculty, and a community where it's safe to take the kinds of intellectual risks that inspire true growth. Ours is a proven program, the success of which can be measured by our 100 percent acceptance rate at four-year colleges. Guided by a team of college counselors whose mission is to help students find the school that is the right fit for them, Derryfield students matriculate at some of the top colleges and universities in the country. More importantly, they have the confidence to find success in the challenges and opportunities they face in life. |
Preparation for college, preparation for life. Together they may be the reason why many parents consider Derryfield the best investment they'll ever make.
Below are some statistics from the class of 2012's college process:
- 82% of the class of 2012 was admitted to their first choice college (up from 61% last year).
- A staggering 94% were admitted to one of their top three choices.
- A total of $1,331,400 in merit scholarship money was offered to our seniors this year. This is an increase of $193,700 from last year and equates to an average award of over $21,474 per senior. These merit scholarships run the gamut honoring academic achievement, service, leadership and talent.
- When all was said and done, our 62 seniors sent out 384 applications to 166 different colleges.
- Despite a national trend towards more applications, the average Derryfield senior submitted only 6-7 applications, suggesting that they are being more discerning on the front end in terms of researching schools and making intentional decisions.
- We have students enrolling in arts schools, engineering programs, and universities abroad; and they are studying everything from photography to marine biology.
Name: Brennan Barnard
Title: Director of College Counseling & Marketing
Business Phone: Ext. 2232
Year Appointed: 2008
Education: Franklin & Marshall College - B.A.
U. of Vermont - M.Ed.
Name: Bruce Berk
Business Phone: Ext. 2306
Year Appointed: 1983
Education: Tufts University - B.A.
Name: Michelle Coombes
Business Phone: Ext. 2205
Year Appointed: 1993
Education: University of New Hampshire - B.S.
Name: Susan Flagg
Title: Registrar / College Counseling Coordinator
Business Phone: Ext. 2233
Year Appointed: 1994
Education: University of Lowell - B.S.